Refine Search Clear All
Engineering Document Control Coordinator
Engineering | livermore, CA | 07/06/2021
Job Code: A07.2 Service Operations Spec 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Engineering Document Control Coordinator. In this role, you will support the Advanced Sources and Detectors (ASD-Scorpius) project within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate. You will have ownership of and ensure that project documentation is captured, stored, and configuration controlled per project requirements. You will also oversee document sharing and transfer between LLNL and the other sites involved with ASD-Scorpius. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Implement and ensure utilization of document control practices for ASD-Scorpius project records per project requirements, within LLNL’s Enterprise Lifecycle Management software (ELM-U, Windchill).
- Provide, maintain, and improve processes for document/model/drawing change control, while assisting designers/engineers with document release and Engineering Change Request/Notice processes, and interfacing (e.g., troubleshooting) with administrators of LLNL’s Enterprise Life Management (ELM-U) system.
- Ensure documents are up-to-date and released prior to being sent to vendors and partner sites and that appropriate team members review and approve documentation prior to release and be notified of potential impacts for change requests.
- Act as the interface point-of-contact for LLNL during document transfer to the Project Management Office (PMO) at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) via their Confluence software system.
- Ensure LLNL security policies are followed for document marking and transfer and act as point-of-contact for documentation audits.
- Provide detailed progress reports, relative to team’s goals, e.g., drawings released, documents released, change requests pending, action items aging, etc.
- Anticipate and reconcile configuration problems, including technical factors affecting critical milestones.
- Provide and maintain guidance for capture of the hardware configuration, including serialization in support of future operations reliability, availability, and maintenance while interfacing with specialists/developers of LLNL’s Manufacturing Resources Planning (MRP) system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Understanding of and experience with industry or US government configuration management processes.
- Understanding and experience with drawing and document lifecycle management systems (preferably Windchill), including ability to qualify as a superuser on LLNL’s ELM-U (Windchill) system.
- Ability to act as the configuration control champion for ASD-Scorpius project records.
- Effective written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and multitasking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; to include data consolidation, formulas, and macros; especially for manipulation of extensive Bills of Materials (BoMs).
Qualifications We Desire
- Associate degree in applicable technology or business; or equivalent combination of education and prior relevant experience in document control.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards for electrical/electronic fabrication.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.