Refine Search Clear All
Web Team Lead
Administrative | livermore, CA | 07/01/2021
Job Code: G02.4 Graphic Design Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Web Team Lead to support the Central Production Web Team in the Recharge Services Division of the Technical Information Department (TID). You will be responsible for contributing to and overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of internal and external web sites, web content strategies, and UI/UX applications. You will work collaboratively with clients and team members to identify objectives in order to produce high-quality web content, design, and structure.
In this role you will
- Work closely with web designers, developers, and editors to maintain consistent high-quality web content, applying unique, and creative approaches in developing design concepts, graphics, multimedia, and websites to represent the science at LLNL and provide analysis of the success of those products.
- Collaboratively strengthen partnerships across matrix, satellite, and internal teams of graphic design, editorial, visualization, and photography professionals to promote TID products and services.
- Identify and implement new tools and technologies, areas for increased emphasis in training and development, and contribute feedback to annual performance appraisal for team members.
- Demonstrate user-centered focus and development mindsets while supporting the needs of internal team members and ensuring effective development of project plans and schedules while adhering to commitments of deadlines and costs.
- Provide in-depth consultation and feedback related to development of highly sensitive and complex multifaceted projects that include web-based components, frequently responsible for customer contact and collaborative communication with team, Group Leader and Project Manager.
- Establish standards for quality of work and provide creative guidance on techniques, processes, and cost-effective alternatives to producing a variety of products including publications, animations, illustrations, multimedia presentations, web sites and campaigns to customers and less experienced staff and serve as final quality check for the most complex, technical and/or highly visible communications products.
- Broad, independent interactions with all levels of personnel within own organization and frequent interactions with customers at all levels.
- Work with team to set levels of standards on UI/UX methodology on web design work, project estimation, and implementation of new projects and determine appropriate media/display styles for content, test materials on appropriate platforms, and determine website user interface for complex, multilayered sites. Provide guidance to team on striking creative balance for customers and user needs to deliver the best product and oversee quality of content and graphics for multiple in-production websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and related experience as a graphics or web designer, web developer, or web administrator.
- Highly advanced technical knowledge of current trends and experience utilizing best practices in web design, architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability. Knowledge of SEO, 508 compliance, copyright, and privacy regulations.
- Broad understanding of responsive design development and UI/UX design principals and browser formats as they relate to web design. In-depth understanding of emerging web and design technologies.
- Significant experience leading and effectively managing multidisciplinary teams and managing projects, while establishing commitments of scope, schedule, and cost.
- Experience working with diverse production teams that are comprised of other communication disciplines, e.g. photographers, graphic designers, editors/writers, web developers, and animators.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to lead a team while delegating work to team members as appropriate, experience with mentoring or training.
- Ability to lead conceptualization of effective high-quality designing, planning, direction, and coordination of web and multimedia design projects, including experience in establishing and maintaining design integrity throughout all media, publications, and campaigns.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to effectively establish and maintain highly productive working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, scientific, and administrative personnel.
Qualifications We Desire
Significant knowledge in graphic design theory and application for complex projects in all media types, with a focused emphasis on User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) as it pertains to web site communications.
Continued education and/or work experience as a graphics or web designer, web developer, or web administrator.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.