Refine Search Clear All
Sheet Metal Workler
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 06/30/2021
Job Code: 852.1 Sheetmetal Worker
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Sheet Metal Worker. You will perform journey-level sheet metal worker duties including fabrication, assembly, installation, maintenance, modification, and related technical support for industrial/commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning duct systems, seismic restraints, flashings/gutters, architectural, and other related fabrications. This position is in the Maintenance Production Division within the Infrastructure Maintenance & Utilities Department.
In this role you will
- Analyze task assignments for details in fabrications and installation sequence, and material requirements including troubleshooting and/or reporting proper airflow data.
- Operate standard tools of the sheet metal trade such as shears, power brakes, power rolls, and various welding equipment safely and effectively.
- Fabricate, weld and install items associated with a research and development facility (e.g., duct work systems, prototype development, and architectural applications).
- Provide minor modifications, alterations, and maintain services to all LLNL facilities and utilities.
- Make decisions jointly with coworkers that involve techniques, guidelines, and procedures that are well defined.
- Apply good customer service, adhering to timelines.
- Prepare standard reports and forms related to work orders, as well as data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of apprentice training program and/or equivalent journey-level work experience in the sheet metal trade.
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools and power tools of the trade.
- Ability to read blueprints to fabricate and install duct work and other systems.
- Experience in detailing layout, fabrication, installing, and welding.
- Basic knowledge of related trades as needed, to provide seamless product results.
- Demonstrated customer service, effective communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a team member interfacing well with others and demonstrated effective writing and basic computer skills necessary to prepare standard reports, enter data and complete timekeeping.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to apply ES&H and OSHA laws and regulations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver’s License. Ability to become medically qualified to wear respiratory and protection equipment.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Davis Bacon Act
The Laboratory performs a variety of work, including some that may fall under Davis Bacon Act requirements. When work scope falls under this Act, the Laboratory complies with the prevailing wage requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
Employee Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed through the following link.