Refine Search Clear All
Deployed Team Manager
Engineering | livermore, CA | 06/30/2021
Job Code: 391.1 Engr/Sci Staff Associate
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Deployed Team Manager to support the Director’s Office (DO), Operations and Business (O&B) Principal Directorate, and the NIF and Photon Science Principal Directorate. You will be responsible for providing management and leadership for the safe and effective operation of facilities within the assigned Directorate. You will provide advanced level of administrative and technical direction to personnel responsible for the installation and maintenance of mission critical facilities and equipment. You will interact with senior managers and customer representatives to ensure a thorough understanding of mission needs, program requirements and facility operations. The Deployed Team Manager reports to the Infrastructure Maintenance and Utilities Department Head.
In this role you will
- Provide high level technical and administrative leadership to line supervisors and a large workforce of craft and service personnel engaged in the execution of maintenance and light construction work.
- Develop, implement, and monitor contracts for maintenance and services.
- Work with the customer and facility manager to identify maintenance needs and assist with assessing risk, determining prioritization, evaluating alternatives, and resolving highly complex problems and issues.
- Oversee work activities ensuring they are appropriately scoped, planned, scheduled, and executed in a safe and cost-effective manner adhering to local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure customer requirements for facility access and operations are incorporated into the work planning and execution process.
- Collaborate with the Facility Management Division to schedule work and communicate progress toward job completion.
- Perform full range of personnel related duties including recruiting, selecting, training, writing performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, ranking and reclassifications.
- Develop, manage, and oversee budgets for job costs, training, shops supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant supervisory, technical and administrative experience including leading, coaching and managing a large, diverse, technical craft and service workforce.
- Expert technical knowledge in areas such as mechanical, structural, and electrical, including building modifications, alterations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for technical and craft people including: recruiting, selecting, training, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, wage and promotion recommendations.
- Significant experience planning/forecasting short and long term personnel needs for a technical craft and service type workforce.
- Experience developing budget proposals or budget requests for maintenance projects.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to anticipate identify and resolve highly complex problems and issues.
- Proven ability to foster and promote a safe and healthy work environment ensuring that issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner adhering to all local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations as it pertains to facility and utility modification, alterations, and maintenance work.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management including group leaders, project engineers, and scientific personnel to determine type and level of support needed.
- Proficient and effective personal computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and timekeeping systems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
Employee Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed through the following link.