Refine Search Clear All
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 06/22/2021
Job Code: 410.2 Custodian II
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for Custodian II /Floorcare position in the Custodian Shop. You will perform custodial/housekeeping tasks, floorcare, and small crew task leadership within the Laboratory facilities.
In this role you will
- Perform daily routine Custodial/Janitorial tasks in one or more buildings which include sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sanitizing restrooms, removing trash from buildings to outside dumpsters, and perform other duties as assigned, and safely operate motor vehicles.
- Perform intermediate to advanced tasks in floor care, upholstery, window covering maintenance and deep cleaning tasks.
- Perform small leadership support tasks which include but not limited to quality reviews, laundry, supplies, environmental waste collection and disposal, training, and development.
- Prepare standard reports including daily task reports, work control documents, work orders, work permits and inventory checklists.
- Apply skills and knowledge of materials, supplies, and tools applicable to custodial duties such as vacuums, brooms, mops, and cleaning products.
- Practice and understand the elements of good customer service, good communication skills, comprehension skills, and interaction with others.
- Maintain custodial/janitor equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition and ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Apply all environmental, safety and health requirements in day-to-day tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work and provide leadership support in a variety of custodial assignments in all types of administrative, machine shops, and laboratory environments, including inside and outside of buildings while following all health and safety regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and experience and training in commercial/industrial building cleaning tasks, such as but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, removing trash and sanitizing restrooms, and the ability to pass various on-site training modules to complete work assignments.
- Intermediate to advanced skills, knowledge and abilities in custodial tasks and ability to learn floor care maintenance utilizing and operating all equipment and cleaning chemicals associated with custodial/janitorial and floor care work.
- Experience interpreting and implementing organizational procedures, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment adhering to assigned task schedules, with the ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, including being at work and on time.
- Proven customer service and communication skills necessary to effectively interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical and administrative personnel, including experience in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Basic knowledge and experience with computers (i.e., Word, Outlook, Email, Excel, Power Point) for time keeping and standard reporting.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept change of assignment, work effectively in a team environment, start times, shift and/or additional duties, and the ability to work overtime, shift, or weekends to accomplish goals.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
Employee Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed through the following link.