Refine Search Clear All
Game and Simulation Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 06/19/2021
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Game and Simulation Developer to work on multi-disciplinary teams in an environment that encourages the support of the academic research community while focusing on problems of interest to LLNL and Department of Energy (DOE) programs. You will contribute to data visualization and simulations to inform and visualize public and emergency response strategies in support of national security missions. This position is in the Global Security Computing Applications Division (GS-CAD) within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to Global Security’s N Program.
In this role you will
- Develop and maintain agent-based interactive simulations for training and visualization.
- Model and animate 3D assets, code interactive logic, and interactive applications for desktop, web, and mobile deployment.
- Develop and maintain interactive training tools using electronic components (Arduino, Raspberry PI), mobile devices (phones, tablets) and the latest immersive hardware (virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) HMDs) for enhanced training applications.
- Collaborate with a small, multi-disciplinary team while using independent judgement to rapidly respond to operational requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, with an emphasis on computer animation, visual effects, game development or other forms of visual communication.
- Broad experience with the Unity Real-Time Development Platform and C# development, for use in an interactive simulation framework.
- Broad experience with 3D production tools used to model, animate, and render animations.
- Experience with scientific data visualization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to work effectively with minimal guidance.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.