Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist III/IV
Engineering | livermore, CA | 06/18/2021
Job Code: 405.3 Administrative Specialist III / 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Administrative Specialists III/IV. Under limited supervision, you will perform a full range of moderately difficult secretarial and task-oriented administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
These positions will be filled at either level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; serve as a resource on organizational policies and procedures.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data, and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Organize and coordinate meetings and small conferences.
- Arrange travel and itineraries.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on requests; review, prioritize, and disseminate incoming mail.
- Independently schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 405.4 level
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature. Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
Additional qualifications at the 405.4 level
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.