Refine Search Clear All
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 06/18/2021
Job Code: 410.1 Custodian I
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have openings for Custodian/Janitorial positions in the Custodian Shop. You will perform custodial/housekeeping tasks within the Laboratory facilities. Due to the unique hazards at the Laboratory, the Custodian/Janitor must undergo site-specific safety training and adhere to all safety and security requirements. This position is in the Operations and Services Division of the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Department.
In this role you will
- Perform daily routine Custodial/Janitorial tasks in one or more buildings which include sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sanitizing restrooms, removing trash from buildings to outside dumpsters.
- Apply skills and knowledge of materials, supplies, and tools applicable to custodial duties such as vacuums, brooms, mops, and cleaning products.
- Practice and understand the elements of good customer service, good communication skills, comprehension skills, and interaction with others.
- Request and stock supplies and maintain Custodian/Janitor closets in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Maintain custodial/janitor equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Apply all environmental, safety and health requirements in day-to-day task.
- Safely operate motor vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work a variety of custodial assignments in all types of administrative, machine shops, and laboratory environments, including inside and outside of buildings while following all health and safety regulations.
- Experience and training in commercial/industrial building cleaning tasks, such as but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, removing trash and sanitizing restrooms, and the ability to pass various on-site training modules to complete work assignments.
- Experience utilizing and operating all equipment and cleaning chemicals associated with custodial/janitorial work.
- Experience in multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment adhering to assigned task schedules and demonstrated flexibility and willingness to accept change of assignment, start times, shift and/or additional duties, and the ability to work overtime, shift, or weekends to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, including being at work and on time.
- Demonstrated integrity and customer service skills, and the ability to work independently or as a team member, interfacing well with others, communicate effectively, read and write in English, and possess basic computer skills for on-line training, email correspondences, and time reporting.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.