Refine Search Clear All
Computer Vision Postdoctoral Research Staff Member
Postdoctoral/Fellowship | livermore, CA | 06/18/2021
Job Code: PDS.1 Post-Dr Research Staff 1
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Security Clearance: Either no clearance, DOE L or Q clearance depending on assignment. Clearances require U.S. citizenship and a background investigation. Uncleared positions over 179 days may require an investigation.
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Postdoctoral Research Staff Members. You will perform research in the broad area of computer vision/machine learning for problems involving imagery, video, and high dimensional data. You will have the opportunity to engage in a diverse range of problems such as medical imaging, energy grid analytics, multi-modal information retrieval, and advanced manufacturing. These positions are in the Computation Engineering Division (CED) of the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Develop or apply approaches for supervised and unsupervised analysis of complex data within application domains.
- Implement associated algorithms and apply them to relevant data.
- Organize, analyze, and present data from research.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally to the Laboratory.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Statistics, or a related technical field must be conferred prior to starting in this role.
- Experience in Computer Vision or Machine Learning including experience in algorithm development.
- Experience with one or more higher-level programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience with issues related to data provenance and management.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.