Refine Search Clear All
Computing Academic Graduate Appointee
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 06/16/2021
Job Code: 710.0 Academic Graduate Appointee Ex
Position Type: Academic Graduate Appointee
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Academic Graduate Appointees that will support computing senior staff. There are a variety of roles in (but not limited to) desktop support, IT operations and HPC programmatic efforts. These positions will be filled based on the strategic needs of the Computing Directorate.
In this role you will
- Conduct research in assigned area under general direction and supervision.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of scientific research.
- Perform technical assignments of a basic degree of complexity and provide advanced technical support to scientist in scientific research and development projects.
- Collaborate with other internal and external research groups at LLNL and in some cases at other institutions.
- Present work through presentations.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Engage other developers frequently to share relevant knowledge, opinions, and recommendations, working to fulfill deliverables as a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java, and C++.
- Experience with OS such as Linux.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities and meet deadlines that are important to project success.
- Ability to approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personal and ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to prepare, present, and document technical information.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.