Refine Search Clear All
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 06/16/2021
Job Code: 525.2 Computer Support Technologist / 525.3 Sr Comp Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a VTC Coordinator Video Teleconference & Facilitator. You will provide planning, coordination, setup, and teardown of classified/unclassified VTCs (Video Teleconferences). This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
In this role you will
- Provide operational support for the day-to-day operations and scheduling of VTC’s both secure and non-secure.
- Coordinate with far-end locations to schedule, configure and connect VTCs.
- Setup, and teardown of VTCs at various locations around the laboratory.
- Establish connections with a variety of far-end locations/agencies utilizing the appropriate communications networks and bridges.
- Operate VTC equipment to include Polycom, Cisco and other equipment.
- Facilitate video conferences and monitor equipment performance during VTC sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 525.3 Level
- Troubleshoot connection issues and work with the technical support personnel as needed to resolve the issues.
- Develop solutions to resolve complex problems, collaborating with technical personnel.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management, vendors, and technical personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Functional knowledge of techniques applied to operating VTC equipment.
- General working knowledge of video teleconferencing technology, networks, and applications.
- Ability to perform in busy environments with frequent interruptions and distractions; ability to perform multiple ongoing tasks; skill in managing time efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computer and a basic knowledge of word processing and database management software.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact and to employ a high degree of flexibility and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with a high degree of independence or as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) to demonstrate a responsive customer service attitude.
Additional Qualifications at the 525.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of techniques applied to operating VTC equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience collecting, compiling, and maintaining data for reports on utilization and system performance.
- Significant coordination and organization skills, including coordination of activities with multiple components requiring independent follow-through.
Qualifications We Desire
- Working knowledge of LLNL policies and procedures; policies and procedures governing classified environments, communications, and data.
- Skilled in using a variety of software programs and computer platforms, both generally and as specifically applied to the VTC system.
- Knowledge of telecommunications/network interactions.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now