Refine Search Clear All
Project Controls/Cobra Analyst
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 06/11/2021
Job Code: Q01.4 Project Controls Analyst 4
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Project Controls/Cobra Analyst to support WCI’s Nuclear Weapon Life Extension Program (LEP) and Modification Program. You will lead all aspects of development, implementation, and support of the cost engine within the WCI Earned Value Management System. You will ensure integration of the Cobra cost engine with the program’s scheduling and accounting tools and the proper management of project costs, measurement of performance, management of change control, and analysis of budgets, actuals, and forecasts. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
In this role you will
- Define and design the data architecture for the EVMS cost engine to support streamlined integration with both the scheduling tool and accounting system and thus, enable efficient and accurate planning, performance management, and reporting.
- Coordinate the maintenance, patches, upgrades, and overall health of the EVMS cost engine tool with the data systems team.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing EVMS implementation and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Manage the performance measurement baseline through the monthly integration of schedule plan, status, and forecasts with accounting system actuals, and develop robust quality assurance checklists to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing program performance measurement and cost variances, and for the implementation of change actions into the cost baseline according to procedure.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of the Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) deliverables, including performance data supporting M&O Program Status Report.
- Prepare and manage the variance analysis collection process and produce the Format 1 and Format 5 deliverable to the sponsor according to the monthly business rhythm.
- Develop and manage the Estimate to Complete collection and integration process and validate the Estimate at Complete (EAC) within the Cobra data system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Systems discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant earned value management knowledge and experience, including baseline development and change control.
- Advanced knowledge and experience implementing EVMS such as cost processors (e.g. Deltek Cobra), scheduling and reporting tools (e.g. Primavera, Empower), and accounting tools (e.g. Oracle Financials).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office with extensive experience in advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record in problem solving, identifying, and confronting problems (even when the problem occurs outside own domain), proposing the best technical and cost-effective solutions.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and accuracy while supporting interruptions in a dynamic working environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members, using negotiation skills to influence.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) 5000 and NNSA 6.x acquisition processes.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.