Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Administrative | livermore, CA | 06/15/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under limited supervision, you will perform a full range of complex secretarial and administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. You will provide support to the Associate Program Leader, Program Leader for Production Development, and offsite Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) employees reporting to the PADO, including processing their frequent complex travel. You may also support additional PADO staff as assigned. This position is located within the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate.
In this role you will
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; serve as a resource on organizational policies and procedures.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on
- Requests, review, prioritize and disseminate incoming mail.
- Independently schedule appointments, maintain calendars, and organize meetings and small conferences.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Arrange complex travel and itineraries and compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Coordinate and process the Pentagon clearances for the PADO staff.
- Interpret institutional and organizational policies and procedures.
- Back-up administrative support for the PADO.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results with advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions with effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and
- frequent interruptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling complex business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in a scientific environment.
- Extensive experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
- Extensive experience in a classified environment.
- Experience handling classified or sensitive information.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now