Refine Search Clear All
Deputy Program Director for Facilities Infrastructure, Active Security Clearance Required
Executive | livermore, CA | 06/15/2021
Job Code: TSM.2 Technical Manager 2
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
The Director’s Office has an opening for a Deputy Program Director for Facilities Infrastructure to serve as part of the management team within the Office of Laboratory Infrastructure (OLI) in the Directors Office (DO). You will be responsible for representing, analyzing, planning, and executing activities relating to Laboratory enterprise infrastructure delivery. You will interact with Director’s Office leadership, high-level program managers, partner Laboratories, external sponsors, Laboratory mission support organizations, NNSA/DOE, and LLNL senior managers. You will report to the OLI Director.
In this role you will
- Serve as the Deputy Program Director for NA-50 Facilities Infrastructure portfolio, leading and managing the planning and delivery of institutional infrastructure priorities for the Laboratory.
- Interact with and influence Weapons Complex Integration (WCI) and DO senior leadership to prioritize and provide justification for the Future Year Nuclear Security Plan.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Lead Financial Manager as well as WCI, National Ignition Facility (NIF), Engineering, Operations & Business (O&B), Physical Life Sciences (PLS), Global Security (GS), and DO management staff to organize Laboratory and Program PPBE data package submittals for NA-50 facilities infrastructure portfolio.
- Direct one or more programmatic PMO Integrated Project Team(s) though capital planning processes and project/portfolio delivery.
- Direct development and implementation of innovative programs and acquisition methodologies to deliver preventative maintenance and deferred maintenance relevant construction delivery.
- Develop and lead the analysis and design of complex business processes to improve efficiencies, workflows, and functions.
- Guide and provide content during National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Infrastructure Deep Dive review.
- Provide quarterly updates to Laboratory and NNSA infrastructure stakeholders.
- Programmatically direct G2 business analyst staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire <only add if active clearance is required>
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Expert knowledge of real property operations, maintenance, construction, and demolition as well as integration of programmatic equipment into facilities.
- Advanced broad and comprehensive knowledge of best business practices, proposal development, project controls, strategic planning and organizational dynamics.
- Experience leveraging relationships to accomplish institution-wide goals. Expertise in effectively managing other professionals.
- Expert communication skills, both verbal and written, to prepare and to deliver complex briefings and provide expert advice to executive management, government agencies, and sponsors. Experience anticipating needs, making recommendations, negotiating desirable outcomes, delegating effectively, team building, and working issues across all levels.
- Significant experience in directing large-scale facility projects, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis; experience and demonstrated skills in directing, planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control and analysis.
- Advanced problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills necessary to independently anticipate, analyze, advise, recommend, approve appropriate actions and implement solutions to highly complex issues having significant impact.
- Extensive expertise in engineering project leadership, including work planning, scheduling, cost estimating, risk analysis, estimating and reporting, as well as facility construction and/or equipment acquisition.
- Significant experience with acquisition strategy, regulations, and agency/institutional goals
- Significant experience developing strategic guidance and tactical plans for large scale projects using creativity and independently developing solutions to solve complex problems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.