Refine Search Clear All
Technical Coordinator - Mid/Senior
Engineering | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: 538.2 Technical Coordinator / 538.3 Sr. Technical Coord.
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Technical Coordinator/Senior Technical Coordinator. You will support the Electronics Fabrication and Installation (EF&I) Team in the National Security Engineering Division. You will provide advanced technical and administrative coordination support for acquisition, tracking, and coordination of parts, materials, and status on a variety of electronic and network installation projects. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide general coordination support through specialized technical and administrative knowledge to scientific, engineering, and technical personnel in connection with electronics fabrication and installation activities.
- Assist Procurement Lead providing acquisition support to senior technicians, technical associates, and engineers/scientists on small-large projects.
- Interact with vendors, engineers, customers, other fabrication shops, LLNL Procurement and LLNL Receiving to ensure timely delivery of project information and components to the production and installation teams.
- Stage, transport, and deliver parts around the LLNL site; for secondary operations and/or staging of assembly/installation efforts; deliver or pick-up parts from local-area suppliers.
- Provide detailed project status to supervisor and customers/requesters.
- Coordinate the resolution of vendor supply problems, including obsolescence, long lead times and other technical factors to assure meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 538.3 level
- Serve as EF&I Procurement and/or Coordination Lead training coworkers, tracking job and procurement status, and delegating procurement activities to Technical Release Representatives supporting the organization.
- Prepare technical procurement packages and coordinate the installation of capital equipment for process and facility improvement projects in support of EF&I growth and ongoing activities at both Site 200 and Site 300.
- Develop safety documentation required for vendors to work onsite in support of installation activities and projects.
- Make independent decisions and recommendations regarding fabrication alternatives, supplier selections and substitute hardware and materials using LLNL guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate degree in electronic technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience in electronic fabrication and/or network infrastructure installation.
- Intermediate understanding of electronic and network components including cable harness, circuit boards, copper cabling and fiber optics for the practical application of breaking down BOMs (Bill of Materials) for acquisition at the component level.
- Intermediate understanding of the acquisition process; knowledge of approval, bid, award, inspection acceptance, receipt, reconciliation, and close-out.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with Office 365 applications Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint and Power Automate or Power BI.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel (data consolidation, formulas, and macros).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical and facility level drawings.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
Additional qualifications at the 538.3 level
- Advanced understanding of electronics fabrication or network infrastructure technologies and acquisition process including familiarity with industry standards and/or fire and electrical codes.
- Advanced ability to convert electrical, mechanical and/or facility level drawings into time and material estimates.
- Ability to mentor, lead and prioritize the work of other team members.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced skills and experience as an electronics fabrication technician or network installer.
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as ANSI, IPC, BICSI, NEC, NFPA.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.