Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist IV
Administrative | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Security Organization
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV to support the Protective Force Division within the Security Organization.
In this role you will
- Represent management in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate information and activities.
- Prepare, edit, format and finalize letters, memorandums and reports, presentation materials, and documents including complex graphics; gather, select, and compile information from various sources for reports and presentations; serve as document coordinator for PFD, ensuring documents are processed and maintained according to SO’s Conduct of Security program description and applicable procedures.
- Manage complex calendars and independently determine scheduling priorities; may determine meeting attendees.
- Serve as primary timekeeper; assist with resolving time card issues/discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain filing and tracking systems, databases, spreadsheets, both electronic and hard copy, for audits, assessments and reviews.
- Arrange domestic travel, which may include clearance arrangements.
- Participate in implementing functions within the Division.
- Serve as a resource interpreting policies and procedures and communicating information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat; and the ability to learn new software quickly
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated knowledge of SO’s Conduct of Security Program.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.