Refine Search Clear All
Voice Services Administrator
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: 593.3 Systems & Network Sr. Technl
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Voice Services Administrator to support production services. You will be providing advanced support for voice services, Cisco Webex video telecommunications and Cisco Telepresence systems, Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Automatic Call Distribution (UCCX), Cisco Jabber on all enterprise desktops and mobile devices, Cisco IP phones, and Cisco Unity voicemail system. This position is in the SMART-IT Group within the IT Solutions Division (ITSD) in Computing.
In this role you will
- Provide advanced operational support for existing and future production Voice over IP (VoIP) and video services such as Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity voicemail, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), IP phones, Cisco Telepresence, softphone clients (e.g. Jabber) on PC/Mac/iOS/Android platforms, Cisco Webex and other IP-telephony and video products as required.
- Develop and document business processes and technical requirements in support of the voice services offerings under minimal supervision.
- Document test procedures and perform advanced QA testing of hardware and software in non-production environment to include the above-mentioned Cisco technologies.
- Develop and/or integrate tools in support of production voice and video services.
- Exercise judgement to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems escalated from the central help desk (Tier 1) or reported by monitoring systems.
- Participate in broad interactions with all levels of personnel within the Laboratory, including working with vendors as necessary to remediate incidents.
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures for Change, Release and Problem Management.
- Understand and follow appropriate security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in a computer or engineering related field or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Significant experience providing operational and technical support in an enterprise computing environment.
- Significant experience providing testing expertise.
- Significant experience troubleshooting complex technical issues in desktop and networking services.
- Experience writing detailed and complex technical documentation, such as operating procedures, run-books and support procedures.
- Experience advising and recommending complex technical approaches and solutions to difficult IT problems.
- Experience working effectively with minimal supervision, including handling multiple priorities and tasks.
- Advanced communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information, document work, and prepare/present technical information to others.
Qualifications We Desire
Experience using VoIP and video technologies, including current & relevant Cisco Systems Unified Communication suite of products and related systems preferred.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.