Refine Search Clear All
Associate Program Leader - PeopleSoft HCM
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: SEL.4 Science & Engineering TSL 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Computing Group Leader (GL)/Associate Program Leader (APL). You will serve as the primary interface to the Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) customers to facilitate the evolution of their business strategies through the development and delivery of IT business solutions. You will provide strategic technical stewardship and manage work scope by partnering with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to develop and execute business systems strategies in support of staffing, onboarding, staff development, motivation, retention and organization. You will be responsible for the definition and delivery of business applications that exceed customer expectations, and support and promote the standards of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program. This position is in the Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) Division within the Computing Directorate and in support of the LivIT Business Enablement (BE) Program Area.
In this role you will
- Lead HR business process transformation projects to help optimize hiring strategy, organizational design, candidate sourcing and selection, and employee support based upon your deep understanding of HR business processes
- Develop IT system project execution strategies by working with client stakeholders to support and drive innovative and proactive change efforts for HR process improvements.
- Set work scope priorities and leverage technical and functional team member skills to ensure COTs product selection and/or custom application development efforts support process implementation that is consistent with senior management stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and maintain a significant role in customer relationship management and business development; including a close interface with the various programmatic and project elements to ensure current and future technical and staffing needs are addressed and met in support of the laboratory mission.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, technical leadership and direction over Talent Acquisition, Benefits and Compensation, HR Operations, Workforce and Organizational Development, and Training & Qualification IT systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert over the application portfolio to help influence stakeholders on recommended directions to address emerging needs, and better position LivIT for future opportunities through partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategic government and industry partnerships that enable business functions to leverage technology best practices.
- Manage cross functional teams through activities such as stakeholder management, meeting and workshop facilitation, deliverable creation, and project and financial management to help exceed customer expectations.
- Provide career development guidance, mentoring, and coaching to group members, including administering performance evaluations, providing regular feedback to employees and proactively addressing any issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience architecting and technically supporting enterprise Human Capital Management (such as PeopleSoft HCM) solutions for IT service delivery both on-premises and/or in enterprise cloud solutions.
- Subject matter expert knowledge and proficiency in business processes related to HCM practices in the areas of talent acquisition, benefits and compensation, workforce management, training and qualification, and payroll.
- Extensive technical leadership, supervision, and team building skills.
- Expert ability to approach and resolve difficult issues using creative problem-solving skills and decision-making techniques with the ability to coach, mentor, and counsel employees with a wide range of experience, skills, and interest.
- Extensive leadership and planning skills necessary for on-time and on-budget delivery of custom software products and commercial-off-the-shelf products; including vendor management.
- Advanced knowledge of managerial and financial practices and the ability to balance complex customer, technical and budgetary priorities to achieve desired results.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills required to successfully negotiate, explain and present ideas, and advise senior management and sponsors, including experience preparing and presenting IT governance proposals.
- Experience with IT Systems Management (ticketing) systems.
- Formal Project Management training and experience.
- Experience with the Atlassian tools suite for knowledge management, software product bug and enhancement management, and SCRUM product development and agile software development practices.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now