Refine Search Clear All
Configuration Management Group Leader
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 05/07/2021
Job Code: 390.1 Supervisor / 390.2 Senior Supervisor
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Group Leader within the Technical Asset Management Division’s Configuration Management Group. You will be responsible for providing a high level of technical leadership, management, planning and support for the site-wide regulatory permitting processes consisting of low voltage outage permits, soil excavation and concrete masonry permits, equipment documentation of real property assets, AutoCAD services, and asbestos maintenance surveillance program oversight. You will collaborate with Infrastructure Maintenance and Utilities Department and Project Management Office high level technical, administrative, and managerial personnel, Environmental Safety and Health employees, and Assurance Office personnel. This position is in the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Department.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction for the site-wide regulatory permitting processes, consisting of low voltage outage permits, soil excavation and concrete permit processes.
- Provide high level technical and administrative leadership to TAMD’s Configuration Management Group, Asbestos Maintenance Program, and technical personnel supporting the implementation and execution of the team’s projects, including quality assurance, efficiency, safety, and effective completion of utility line locating, facility equipment configuration management, and AutoCAD projects.
- Collaborate with programmatic clients, administrative, scientific, and technical personnel throughout LLNL programs and facilities to plan, organize or resolve issues associated with facility equipment documentation and permit systems in support of the mission of the programs at LLNL.
- Provide leadership and full supervisory responsibility to group members; to include personnel actions and administration of policies and procedures, personnel related functions including performance management, performance evaluations, ranking, salary recommendations and promotions, career development, mentoring and recruiting.
- Serve as departmental contact to coordinate project and design reviews for the building commissioning process.
- Provide supervision, work direction and oversight of Configuration Management computerized systems, including the Building Drain Database (BDM), Soil and Concrete Permit database, and Low Voltage Outage Permit databases.
- Analyze and interpret complex data; develop project plans to implement solutions for complex technical and operational problems associated with real property asset management.
- Be responsible for creation, implementation, and management of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Infrastructure & Operations procedures and process improvements as they relate to Real Property Asset Management equipment configuration management and low-voltage and soil/penetration permitting processes.
- Manage Issues Tracking System (ITS) owned actions and ensure closure in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with codes, regulations, and standards for the Utility Line Locating Group.
- Assume duties of the Division Leader in his/her absence.
- Be responsible for the general oversight and personal commitment to the goals of Integrated Safety Management, Integrated Safeguards and Security Management, compliance with all ES&H regulations, good business practices, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 390.2 level
- Direct significant projects with significant span of control and delegated authority in the accomplishment of high-level work objectives.
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative expertise, author reports, deliver presentations, perform resource and workload management, and conduct reviews of team successes and lessons learned.
- Partner with Division Leader for long-range strategic planning to establish and sure Department’s missions, goals and work activities are met.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical/Mechanical Design Drafting, Facility Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced technical leadership skills and experience successfully leading a team, project, and/or group including mentoring, providing technical direction and specific on-the-job training.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in one or more technologies of the work unit, such as Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, condition assessment, permitting processes, utility line locating requirements, business, and financial practices, including budget planning and execution.
- Extensive knowledge and/or significant experience working with the proper ES&H procedures for testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and restoring real property and installed facility systems and components.
- Effective decision-making skills and ability to resolve multi-project conflicts through negotiation and effective leadership skills.
- Technical and administrative experience planning, interpreting, and reviewing the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to independently establish or improve work procedures to resolve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team and team members from diverse organizations; and to form effective partnerships and alliances to achieve desired outcomes in a timely manner.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of management including group/division leaders, project engineers, facility managers and scientific personnel to determine type and level of support needed.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety with a high level of safety awareness and safe working practices.
Additional qualifications at the 390.2 level
- Highly advanced technical, organizational, team-building and interpersonal skills necessary to manage a multi-disciplinary workforce, who execute multiple projects at one time, with different levels of complexity that requires coordination from a variety of organizations while maintaining a strong safety culture in the workplace.
- Significant experience independently establishing or improving work procedures to resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Significant supervisory, budgetary, technical, and administrative experience, and significant experience managing a diverse technical workforce
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.