Refine Search Clear All
Counterintelligence Analyst - Active Security Clearance Required
Security | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: K02.2 Counterintelligence Analyst 2 / K02.3 Counterintelligence Analyst 3
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Counterintelligence (CI) Analyst to perform complex research, analysis, and production of finished CI products, including threat assessments and conducting interviews and ensuring Laboratory compliance with the Department of Energy (DOE) Order 475.1 (Counterintelligence Program). You will outline and present recommendations to senior management, high-level DOE personnel and officials of intelligence community agencies on relevant CI issues. This position is in the Counterintelligence Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis in support of diverse and multi-faceted CI/CT investigations to include liaison with United States Intelligence Community (USIC) partners.
- Collect, analyze and fuse disparate information from a variety of open and secure sources to conduct complex counterintelligence analysis.
- Produce complex threat assessments and tactical/strategic intelligence products in support of DOE Counterintelligence CI/CT missions to be used locally and at a national level.
- Produce analytical products for Counterintelligence Officers in support of interviews and presentations to Laboratory personnel regarding hosting foreign nationals, foreign travel, and routine CI/CT risks/threats.
- Prepare responses to DOE Counterintelligence data calls, programmatic initiatives, plans and proposed policy changes.
- Participate in joint task forces and collaborations with internal Laboratory organizations, DOE Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, national laboratories, the USIC, and local law enforcement.
- Support all elements of the CI outreach program, including refining, developing, and presenting CI awareness and training material to all members of the workforce.
- Enter, retrieve, and manipulate information within Laboratory systems and DOE Counterintelligence Directorate analytical and investigative databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the KO2.3 level
- Conduct briefings, debriefings and presentations regarding hosting foreign nationals, foreign travel and specific CI/CT risks/threats to Laboratory personnel and senior managers.
- Address novel CI/CT issues with little known precedence and prepare succinct recommendations for LLNL senior management on appropriate courses of action; develop innovative solutions to often unusually complex problems.
- Provide guidance and direction to other program team members, plan and lead collaborative projects with peers and within the laboratory, DOE Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, and the USIC.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Applied knowledge of and experience with analytic principles, procedures, methodologies, and the dissemination of intelligence information.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues concerning national security related to the Intelligence Community.
- Extensive understanding or experience with classified and unclassified databases, software applications, and other intelligence research tools to identify and assess foreign capabilities using the conventional intelligence disciplines.
- Specialized training, such as: espionage, counterproliferation, weapons systems and/or foreign intelligence services.
- Working knowledge of automated business tools/technologies and specialized applications; demonstrated expert knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of hardware, software, and network systems.
- Experience interpreting and applying knowledge of governmental and Laboratory policies, procedures, orders, and regulations.
Additional qualifications at the K02.3 level
- Significant knowledge and experience with advanced analytic principles, procedures, methodologies (i.e., pattern, trend, & alternative analysis), and the dissemination of intelligence information.
- Significant knowledge and experience working on high profile issues concerning national security related to the Intelligence Community.
- Significant specialized training and/or subject matter expertise in areas such as: espionage, counterproliferation, weapons systems and/or foreign intelligence services.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master’s Degree in related field
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.