Refine Search Clear All
Classified Administrative Specialist - Active Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 05/07/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Classified Administrative Specialist. You will perform a full range of advanced, diverse, and sensitive classified administrative duties. You will have extensive interactions with co workers and all levels of management internal and external to the Division and the Engineering Directorate. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a combination of complex and difficult classified administrative duties, typically coordinating activities with multiple components, within standard policies and procedures. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate, supporting the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
In this role you will
- Perform a combination of complex responsibilities including the coordination, monitoring, and maintenance of all incoming and outgoing classified documents utilizing Livermore Administrative Documents System (LADS) files in compliance with NNSA/LLNL policy and procedures.
- Maintain records and administrative controls for classified matter received by and/or transferred from many internal or external organizations throughout the NNSA Complex.
- Interact with NNSA, lead reviews, and participate in audits, self-assessments, and annual accountable document inventories.
- Serve as a resource on all matters concerning classified documents and oversee Derivative Classifier (DC) and hand-carry authority requests, renewals, and r certifications.
- Distribute and package accountable and non-accountable classified documents and media, including express mail for mailing to and from DTED and other facilities; verify classified mail channels, ensure documents are marked properly, and comply with the established stringent classified document accountability standards.
- Compose correspondence for DTED staff pertaining to new classified requirements, audits, and self assessments.
- Coordinate classified mail channel requests and renewals.
- Screen material for destruction to ensure the retention of critical weapons data as outlined by LLNL Records Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience in classified documents/media handling, storage, protection, and administrative controls.
- Advanced administrative experience and skills, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to handle multiple, highly complex tasks with changing priorities.
- Effective organizational skills including the coordination of multiple activities and ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals with limited task definition.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience functioning effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling classified and/or sensitive information.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.