Refine Search Clear All
Manufacturing Engineering Associate/Sr. Engineering Associate
Engineering | livermore, CA | 05/06/2021
Job Code: 338.1 Engineering/Scientific Coord / 339.2 Senior Eng Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for an Engineering/Scientific Coordinator. Under general supervision, you will be responsible to provide general technical and administrative support for the acquisition and fabrication of general electronics instrumentation, hardware and data acquisition systems, and mechanical equipment and hardware for various projects. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED)/Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Provide advanced technical coordination and/or oversight for multiple complex LLNL projects, procurements, and/or facility operations.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the use of personnel, materials, and equipment.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, high-level personnel, vendors, and outside suppliers.
- Analyze and determine most efficient, expeditious, and cost-effective methods to source and/or fabricate complex technical equipment, components, and/or assemblies of both mechanical and/or electrical design.
- Provide input and estimates for budgets, schedules, and workforce needs.
- Present information to engineering/scientific teams, vendors, and program management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 339.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and/or technical management support in the area of engineering technology or applied sciences. Conduct research to find solutions to engineering problems.
- Develop and refine technical systems, operations, or maintenance strategies. Design data analysis, documentation, and modification of highly complex prototype or specialized electronic, mechanical, or software systems.
- Author, review, and approve reports, operation/maintenance manuals, and other engineering related documents. Routinely present this material to management and peers. Plan, organize, and work with budget and lead multiple projects of significant scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Advanced skills, knowledge, and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, to coordinate complex electronic, mechanical, and/or electro-optic systems, and solutions to problems.
- Significant experience with project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary project environment with simultaneous commitments to performance, cost, and schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, feedback, and presentation skills in specific technical areas.
- Effective leadership skills and experience mentoring others with on-the-job training, with advanced technical skills specific to assignment.
- High level interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
In Addition at the 339.2 Level
- Extensive experience mentoring others in specific on-the-job training, with advanced technical skills specific to assignment, may also include administrative and technical leadership skills.
- Highly advanced skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, including the ability in mechanical and electronics technology theory to design complex systems and solutions to highly complex problems.
- Highly advanced written and verbal communication, feedback, and presentation skills in multiple technical areas.
- Knowledge of ISO 10110 and ASME Y14.5M.
- Advanced knowledge of LLNL purchasing, procurement, and organizational procedures.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.