Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist IV
Administrative | livermore, CA | 04/19/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Security Organization
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Badge Office Team Specialist who will perform a combination of complex and difficult administrative and/or task-oriented duties with conflicting priorities. The Badge Office Team Specialist is responsible for coordinating and facilitating time-sensitive information, provide on the job training for badging, coordinate activities with multiple components, and will be the main point of contact for the Security Organization IT Department when new software releases and hardware upgrades are performed. This position also assists the Foreign National Visitors Office to ensure completion and consistency with DOE Policy. This position is in the Security Organization, Information & Personnel Security Division (IPSD), Badge Office.
In this role, you will
- Represent management in daily matters; frequently interact with all levels of management internal and external to the Laboratory to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Exercise an intermediate level of direction for the activities and functions of the Badge Office and Foreign National Visitors Office. Train personnel in the badging process. Interpret policies, procedures, and communicating information.
- Performs the Sponsor roll for HSPD-12 and initiates and follows up on purchase orders.
- Creates and update handbooks and how-to documentation.
- Coordinate activities with multiple components. Independently solve problems that are of broad scope and complexity.
- Participate in implementing functions within the Division. Recommend, develop, and implement new techniques, procedures and processes to improve productivity.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specialized and advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods. Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and complete complex projects.
- Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data.
- Experience working independently under minimal supervision in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, critical deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization to all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL, with mature judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat; and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now