Refine Search Clear All
Project Management Office Administrator
Administrative | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: A01.3 Business Operations Spec 3
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Project Management Office Administrator. You will work independently, plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of workforce, operational and organizational requirements and activities. The PMO is a modern and fast-paced environment with responsibility for execution and delivery of all site infrastructure. This position is in the PMO within the Operations and Business Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of workforce, operational and organizational requirements and activities and serve as the primary point of contact for PMO administrative matters.
- Advise on and implement business, operational and/or organizational strategies, objectives, and deliverables and prepare responses for requests for information.
- Manage the PMO administrative staff to include hiring, supervising, mentoring, career development, disciplinary actions, training, performance appraisals, coordinating work assignments, and providing ranking and salary recommendations.
- Participate in the PMO performance management and ranking processes for all classifications, ensuring adherence to Laboratory policy and organizational standards.
- ·Represent the PMO on self-assessment, audit teams, or work-related committees and lead projects to assess, set and establish protocol and procedures.
- Analyze and interpret human resources requirements/guidance and determine course of action to obtain optimal results. Investigate and recommend appropriate courses of action to managers and supervisors on administrative and personnel matters. Keep senior management apprised on sensitive personnel issues and disciplinary actions.
- Research and analyze complex and sensitive business, operational and/or organizational issues and problems; prepare complex reports for management’s use and decision making; recommend a course of action.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational, and/or organizational area.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership, teambuilding, and relationship-building skills to successfully manage, sustain, and enhance a highly effective administrative support team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of recruiting, hiring, performance management and staff relations practices and an understanding of human resources compliance requirements for hiring FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc., and experience interpreting and applying a wide variety of personnel policies and procedures.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues effectively in both a team environment and as an individual contributor in a rapidly changing environment; experience using creative thinking, sound judgment, collaboration, and decision-making skills necessary to explain and lead staff and management through various situations to achieve desirable outcomes and performance.
- ·Experience leading business, operational and organizational activities, participating in a variety of organizational projects and researching, interpreting, implementing, and applying a wide variety of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Advanced administrative and organizational skills, including attention to detail, flexibility and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities, often with conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate and influence others. Experience representing management to diverse internal and external contacts, communicating manager’s direction.
- ·Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
Qualifications We Desire
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience working in a project management office
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply Now