Refine Search Clear All
Project Administrative Coordinator - Active Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Project Administrative Coordinator to support our Engineers in turning concepts into reality and to meet milestones. You will be a member of the Division Administrative Team and multiple Product Realization Teams. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs, within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Represent Division management in daily matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information and activities, which will require working closely with internal and external customers.
- Independently prepare project documentation, perform data gathering, and coordinate internal and/or external document comments/reviews.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets, or tracking systems to document and track status of action items.
- Ensure action items are completed by the required due date, and proactively follow-up on any outstanding items.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities to ensure management presence for continued Program operations.
- Organize and coordinate large- and small-scale meetings encompassing all necessary administrative logistics including facility tours, and documenting meeting minutes.
- Initiate or oversee various monthly reports; analyze results and report to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally to an organization, while exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a classified/sensitive nature.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures and ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, often with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to assume responsibility on behalf of others and/or self and make decisions independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, and resolve diverse and multi- faceted issues using creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with complex software applications and ability to learn new applications such as FileMaker Pro, Windchill, and Elm with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and calendaring applications.
- Ability to travel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience processing and tracking engineering authorizations.
- Experience with Defense Program Business Process Systems (DPBPS).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.