Refine Search Clear All
Engineering | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 / TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Master Scheduler to support WCI’s Nuclear Weapon Life Extension Program (LEP). You will lead the creation and maintenance of complex detailed program plans and schedules that guide program execution and serve as the baseline against which performance is measured. Working closely with Program Managers, Control Account Managers, and technical leads, you will document the tasks and sequencing necessary for successful program execution. In partnership with the LEP Program Office, you will communicate schedule status and performance to date to the program team, as well as monitor the program’s progress toward key milestones and major programmatic deliverables. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Work with program managers and technical leads to develop key milestones, deliverables and assist in planning the project workscope, including the development of an Integrated Site Schedule (ISS).
- Configure the scheduling data architecture in accordance with scheduling standards to support streamlined integration with cost processing software and enable efficient business operations.
- Manage the internal integration of the subproject schedules and their connection to the LLNL Integrated Site Schedule; this includes the oversight of baseline changes and configuration control within the ISS.
- Perform complex program schedule analysis to including metrics, critical path, float, and schedule performance of the total program.
- Develop and review schedule variance analyses and recovery or corrective action plans and identify schedule impacts for program management attention; this includes the oversight of baseline changes and configuration control within the ISS.
- Lead program schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities; evaluate and recommend alternatives for schedule improvement to the program team for discussion and/or decision.
- Prepare and present graphic presentations of cost, schedule, scope, risk, and earned value information at general and formal meetings such as Program Management Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews, and Earned Value surveillance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.4 level
- Act as the LLNL point of contact for Integrated Site Schedule and scheduling requirements discussions with NNSA Federal Program Office and Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) counterparts.
- Mentor and develop processes for performing schedule analysis and teaches statistical tools to analyze schedule metrics.
- Review, edit, and provide guidance for the development and maintenance of the WCI System Description Document and associated procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience with Critical Path Management (CPM) scheduling and planning and performing Schedule Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Significant experience analyzing and managing a project or program schedule and effectively communicating to all levels of the project team and stakeholders.
- Significant experience working independently, managing multiple competing priorities under pressure, and applying exceptional organizational skills to accomplish work.
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of technical experts through planning and scheduling discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve differing opinions, scheduling conflicts, and resource allocations.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.4 level
- Expert-level knowledge of scheduling tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.) and advanced experience in Microsoft Office tools.
- Expert experience leading the development and management of enterprise- and/or integrated schedules, applying the principles of project management to development of a large, complex, inter-related schedule.
- Extensive experience in a Master Scheduler/Lead Scheduler position including leading/supervising a scheduling team.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) 5000 and NNSA 6.x acquisition processes.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification or Project Management Professional Certification.
- Familiar with Project Management tools, including Cobra, Acumen Fuze, Risk and 360, and Active Risk Manager.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.