Refine Search Clear All
Assessments and Sponsored Science Administrator - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Administrative | livermore, CA | 04/19/2021
Job Code: A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Business Operations Specialist to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently to plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of operational and organizational requirements and activities to support the Science and Technology Institutional Assessments and the Sponsored Science Program Offices. You will play a significant role in organizing and executing the Director’s Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and suite of S&T Institutional Awards processes as well as participate in the planning of the Lab-wide ceremony. You will participate in various proposal and visit coordination efforts.
This position is in the Deputy Director for Science and Technology (DDST) office within the Director’s Office.
In this role you will
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of activities for the Institutional Assessments and Sponsored Science Program offices on administrative matters.
- Lead the implementation business, operational and/or organizational strategies, objectives, and deliverables and prepare responses for requests for information such as Directors D&I and S&T institutional awards processes, work with senior managers and committee chairs in planning, announcing, and supporting the yearly process. Support committee chairs and meetings, the LivIT team to update the Awards Workbench, and prepare for nominations, process awards submissions and interface with other institutional partners in communication and distribution of awards.
- Coordinate the DDST Colloquium speaker program, including all aspects of the visitor experience from invite to day-of event activities. In partnership with Protocol, support the Director’s Distinguished Lecturer Series events.
- Participate on work-related committees and lead projects to assess, set and establish protocol and procedures for the work unit.
- Collect, validate, interpret, and analyze business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic activities for the work unit.
- Prepare, compile, coordinate, proof, format, edit, and finalize a variety of documents and email messages, most of which contain sensitive or privileged information, a variety of reports for management decision making.
- Review a variety of documentation for adherence to policy and ensure consistency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes in functional area.
- Experience participating in and leading business, operational and/or organizational activities.
- Experience representing management to diverse internal and external contacts, communicating manager’s direction.
- Specialized and operational knowledge of LLNL practices with experience applying analytical and research skills; experience resolving issues.
- Understanding of principles of LLNL policies and procedures.
- Administrative and organizational skills, including detail oriented, flexibility and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities, often with conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature and demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate and influence others.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications, FTS, VTS, HR Awards processes, databases, and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
Qualifications We Desire
- Associate’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with travel, badging, space applications like EAM.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now