Refine Search Clear All
Electronic/Digital Records Specialist - ACTIVE CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Engineering | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: 584.1 Information Media Oper / 584.2 Information Media Tech
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Electronic/Digital Records Specialist to support the Engineering Records Center (ERC) in the Engineering Directorate. You will be responsible for providing technical administrative support in the successful gathering, transporting, processing, indexing, packaging and storage of the preservation of historic legacy information assets. You will interact with principal contributors in accomplishing information media work objectives, making historical information digitally available for downstream activities to provide access and re-analysis. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate, reporting to the ERC Supervisor.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Perform routine operational activities following established procedures relative to equipment functionality, task throughput relating to ERC scanning, indexing, and reproduction.
- Process various media types of paper and film for digital extraction of content supporting search and retrieve activities.
- Operate computers which include several application software programs, data entry, query, word processing, file management, and image manipulation.
- Operate film and paper scanning equipment using application software to retrieve data/images for archival and reproduction purposes.
- Interact with colleagues, skilled technical printing/digital media equipment operators and supervisor daily.
- Provide quality control relative to ISO9000 quality management principals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities at the 584.2 level
- Perform advanced operational activities of equipment functionality/maintenance, development of process procedures/workflows, setting priorities and tracking tasks to completion.
- Provide general technical assistance to ERC customers and coworkers.
- Communicate with professional and technical personnel relative to process flow, work requests and external vendor support.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associates degree related to digital media processing operations or equivalent combination of education and prior related experience.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer application software and web-based software.
- Basic knowledge of and experience operating film/paper scanning reproduction equipment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and experience with equipment operation supporting digital data, film handling, printing and scanning practices.
- Skills and experience to solve basic technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for regular interaction with co-workers, skilled technical printing and/or digital media equipment operators and immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of ISO9000 quality management principals.
Additional qualifications at the 584.2 level
- Intermediate skills and knowledge in scanning, indexing, reproduction and digital media processing equipment.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude and experience with equipment operation supporting digital data, film handling, printing and scanning practices.
- Skills and experience to solve moderately complex technical problems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.