Refine Search Clear All
Groundwater Electronics Technologist - Mid/Senior
Engineering | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: 531.2 Technologist-Electronics / 531.3 Sr Technologist-Electronics
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Electronics Technologists/Senior Electronics Technologists to support the Environmental Restoration Department (ERD). You will work as part of a dynamic and diverse team to provide electronics support of the ground water treatment and soil vapor treatment facilities. You will be required to work inside and outside under variable weather conditions at LLNL in Livermore Site 200 and Site 300 near Tracy, Ca. These positions are in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate supporting the Controls Systems Group.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide design, updates, and recommend modifications to electronic circuits and system designs.
- Work from sketches, drawings, electronic schematics, verbal, or written instructions, and troubleshoot to the sub-system or component level.
- Prepare instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
- Provide general electronics technical support using appropriate electronics test methods and equipment.
- Diagnose, debug, test, evaluate, design, upgrade, maintain, and repair moderately complex electronics systems, instrumentation, controls, data acquisition, and test equipment.
- Acquire and analyze basic data and test results using known performance parameters to report results and identify problems.
- Contribute to moderately complex preliminary design concepts and engineering decision process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
.Additional job responsibilities, at the 531.3 level
- Establish complex circuit or systems parameters using advanced electronics circuitry, scientific knowledge, engineering principles, and mathematical calculations and write or interpret specifications used in designing, maintaining, and calibrating electronic systems, chassis, or components.
- Acquire and analyze complex preliminary data during design or prototyping of components, systems, or equipment, identify problems, and suggest solutions.
- Lead daily work scope activities of other technicians.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate’s degree in electronics, computer maintenance/technology, or equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Intermediate skills, knowledge, and abilities in electronics technology including general electronics background in both theory and design.
- Ability to apply intermediate electronic knowledge to a breadth of electronic circuits and systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and teamwork skills and abilities.
- Ability to solve moderately complex analytical problems.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills for Mac, PC, and workstation platforms.
- Ability to work scheduled as well as unscheduled emergency overtime.
Additional qualifications at the 531.3 level
- Advanced skills, knowledge, and abilities with significant experience in electronics technology and background in both theory and design and ability to apply electronic knowledge to a breadth of electronic circuits and systems.
- Experience making decisions regarding a variety of complex technical problems and experience providing technical leadership.
- Effective written and verbal communication, feedback, and presentation skills required to lead others.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with industrial instrumentation and control systems, programmable logic controller/programmable automation controller software to implement parameter modifications and revisions.=
- Experience with AC/DC electrical and electronic applications.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code NFPA 70 and NFPA70E standards.
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives.
- Experience with Fabrication and electrical control panel wiring.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
Employee Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed through the following link.