Refine Search Clear All
Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Health Services | livermore, CA | 04/19/2021
Job Code: 541.3 Registered Nurse - Occ Health
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Occupational Health Nurse in our Health Services Department. The majority of your time and responsibilities will be as a clinical occupational health nurse. You will interact with affected employees, supervisors, line managers, industrial hygienists, safety officers, medical professionals, and the risk manager. You will develop and deliver occupational health injury and illness services, medical surveillance/certification examinations, health maintenance/education programs, health fairs and flu clinics.
In addition, you will be responsible for case management, operational oversight, and coordination of the Laboratory’s site-wide Return-to-Work Program.
You will also be the Health Services Department (HSD) Infection Control Preventionist, responsible to ensure infection control standards are supported across the clinic.
This position is in the Health Services Department within the Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate.
In this role you will
- Assess, analyze and evaluate occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, and initiate appropriate first aid clinical treatments.
- Conduct physical examination workups, including phlebotomy, EKG, spirometry, audiometry and vision tests.
- Conduct health hazard evaluations, including worksite evaluations, and train and counsel patients on preventive healthcare.
- Provide technical leadership and oversite of the work of medical technicians.
- Responsible for assuring facility and work activity safety risks are identified and managed to preserve and protect the health and safety of HSD staff.
- Provide case management, operational oversight, and coordination of LLNL’s Return-to-Work Program, supporting reasonable accommodations in compliance with Federal and State Law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Possess a valid California Registered Nurse license.
- Clinical nursing experience in an occupational health, emergency room or urgent care setting.
- Proficient with phlebotomy and intravenous therapy.
- Experience in disability case management.
- Possess or eligible for current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member with strong effective interpersonal skills.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.