Refine Search Clear All
W80-4 Hardware Manager - Active Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: Q01.2 Project Controls Analyst 2 / Q01.3 Project Controls Analyst 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a W80-4 Hardware Manager. You will support the development and management of the Material Resource Schedule (MRS) to identify hardware deliverables to the Product Realization Teams (PRTs) and to support component, subassembly, and system level development and qualification test. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate and will support the Nuclear Weapons W80-4 Life Extension Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Ensure work package planning activities and all efforts have properly accounted for all hardware needs.
- Maintain and manage the in-development of MS Excel tool to support hardware costing and estimating.
- Monitor performance data to support cost and schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Prepare basic and intermediate level monthly reports and coordinate the development of Estimate at Completion (EAC) analysis.
- Coordinate all incoming hardware and hardware packages for QA and tracking.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the Q01.3 level
- Oversee the hardware, configuration management of quantities, fidelity, and scheduling.
- Maintain communications, collaborations, and contacts, internal and external to LLNL in support of MRS deliverables, and represent the W80-4 at briefings, and committee activities both internal and external to LLNL, and ensure projects’ status, risks, and issues are communicated in an effective and timely manner to senior leadership.
- Prepare and present cost/schedule/earned value information and complex monthly reports and prepare/review basic and intermediate monthly reports in accordance with management and project procedures.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Intermediate understanding of general project controls technical skills.
- Basic level of understanding of technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations and mathematical and financial records.
- Knowledge of current industry and project controls technical developments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience using PC operating systems including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel.
Additional qualifications at the Q01.3 level
- Experience with a project controls system, earned value management systems for planning, organizing, performing, reviewing, and presenting cost data.
- Understanding of technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members, senior management, and external contacts.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiar with DoD and NNSA 6.x acquisition processes.
- Program Management Professional certification/license.
- Familiar with Project Management tools, which include Primavera, Cobra, Acumen Fuze, Risk, and 360, wInsight, ARM, Glovia, and DOORS.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.