Refine Search Clear All
Organizational Development Consultant/Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: H04.3 Training & OD Specialist 3 / H04.4 Training & OD Specialist 4
Organization: Strategic Human Resources Mgmt
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
- We have an opening for a Organizational Development Consultant/Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (SHRBP) to provide a full range of services, such as organizational change and design, employee engagement, strategic planning, diversity and inclusion, conflict management, coaching and mentoring, and team effectiveness including facilitation/training. You will utilize your broad expertise in organizational development/human resources to interact with all levels of management and employees. This position is in the Strategic Human Resources Management Directorate Office.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide internal consulting services to management on topics such as organizational change and design, strategic planning, succession planning, leadership development, career development, performance management, culture, team effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and conflict resolution by building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Provide confidential consultation and coaching for management, supervisors, and individual contributors to further develop management and leadership skills.
- Utilizing best practices and tools, consult with project and work teams to assess and design programs to help organizations achieve greater effectiveness and communication. Build collaborative work relationships with similar functions across the Lab in support of these programs.
- Diagnose, recommend, and implement interventions for employee relations situations to build trust and support changing business needs, employee engagement and dynamic workforce needs. Provide conflict management consulting support.
- Manage and conduct highly sensitive, and potentially complex change management activities and strategic initiatives to meet organizational objectives. Provide support for business decision during change initiatives, supporting cross-functional projects by managing change and transformation from a consultative and business perspective.
- Lead emerging leader and team-building exercises and programs, including conducting 360 surveys, using DiSC assessments, and/or other tools to meet the unique development needs of the client.
- Work with other internal OD consultants and Training & Development staff to design and conduct organizational effectiveness needs analysis and implement development solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the H04.4 level
- Manage and conduct highly sensitive and complex interventions with a significant span of influence with the client.
- Lead confidential consultation and coaching for executive level management to further develop management and leadership skills.
- Act as knowledge leader and advise senior management and/or lower level OD Consultants/HRBPs on organizational effectiveness including leadership effectiveness and workforce program effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience and advanced knowledge and understanding of organizational development models, principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes, and systems and their applications.
- Ability to improve the organization’s effectiveness by formulating a questioning strategy that results in effective diagnosis of organizational opportunity.
- Effective emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to interact with and build relationships with a wide variety of technical and non-technical senior leaders, managers and employees. Strong facilitation and communication skills necessary to advise and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way that they can understand, on a wide variety of issues to ensure mutual success.
- Experience facilitating leadership and management development learning activities, including needs analysis, design, instruction, use of alternative delivery mechanisms, implementation within intact work groups, individual coaching, marketing and evaluation.
- Ability to build an internal consulting practice through developing relationships and building trust with clients.
- Experience providing effective process consultation and project management for a wide range of work-related and people-related projects and initiatives.
- Experience leading and facilitating succession planning, workforce planning, team development and consulting with managers on performance and behavior issues.
- Advanced organizational, problem solving, decision making, root cause analysis and analytical skills necessary to independently advise, consult and recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Experience functioning as a change agent for whole systems or organizational units, working across organizations vertically and horizontally, implementing programs by overcoming resistance and resulting in long-term change.
Additional qualifications at the H04.4 level
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience designing, developing and implementing organizational and institutional OD or strategic HR solutions.
- Significant experience functioning as a change agent for whole systems or major organizational units, working across organizations vertically and horizontally, implementing programs by overcoming resistance and resulting in long-term change.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment, and providing consultative efforts across both sides of the matrix.
Qualifications We Desire
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC), or other coaching and/or organizational development related certifications.
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) or Society for Human Resources Management - Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.