Refine Search Clear All
Modernization Program Business Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 03/04/2021
Job Code: E01.1 Business Analyst 1 / E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Business Analysts to support the Modernization Programs (MPs). You will be supporting the MP Project Engineers and the engineering system Team Leads in execution of programmatic work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, programmatic documentation is properly archived, and communication systems are in place and working properly. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate in support of the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate efforts for the system team technical review action item database and help to ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Assist in gathering project documentation to be archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Monitor engineering leadership tasks to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsibly parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Gather performance data, assist in analysis, and make recommendations that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Perform SharePoint site administration and maintain organized shared document structures.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the engineering team. Provide consultative support to engineering leadership team to monitor deliverables and tracked action items.
- Assist in the development of programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities at the E01.2 level
- Participate in defining, automating, and improving new and existing business processes and workflows.
- Conduct assessments of current processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Research and prepare SharePoint content, in addition to documentation for user guides, training manuals, and process checklists.
- Prepare project documentation to be archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in Business or Technology area, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in project management and applying related practices, standards, and processes.
- Experience coordinating work flow activities in a dynamic work environment and ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a technical support environment, collaborating with others, and recommending process improvements.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, customer support, task prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to communicate clear expectations on project and process activities, as well as lead the facilitation of business process improvements.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
Additional qualifications at the E01.2 level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology area or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email and computing procedures. Experience gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting data for documenting functional needs and constraints.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a technical support environment using computer systems to manage complex data collections. Ability to use discretion and problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Advanced experience using MS Office business applications and web-based collaborative platforms, such as SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, Visio. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro and FileMaker Pro.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems and NAP-24.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now