Refine Search Clear All
Site 300 Electronics Engineering Technical Associate
Engineering | tracy, CA | 03/04/2021
Job Code: 337.1 Engineering Technical Assoc
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Electronics Engineering Technical Associate to support programmatic mission at the Contained Firing Facility (CFF) and Outdoor Firing Facility (OFF) at Site 300. You will provide electronics engineering technical support to the firing facilities operations and lead a technical team through explosives operations. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
In this role you will
- Provide advanced and innovative electronics engineering support for experimental systems projects to modify existing complex equipment and/or create new diagnostic equipment for hydrodynamic test execution, data acquisition, firing operations, and routines.
- Propose new electronics and/or controls designs to replace obsolete or aging hardware.
- Provide technical oversight in design, evaluation, review, fabrication, testing, assembly, quality policy implementation, and documentation of experimental systems projects using a high degree of independent discretion and judgement.
- Provide input for detailed plans, schedules, and budgets for project activities.
- Initiate, prepare, and lead design reviews, meetings, and other briefings in the process of determining concepts and refining designs, including authoring detailed technical procedures and other documentation.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, technical personnel, safety personnel, both inside and outside the work group on both an individual and team basis in support of program assignments.
- Interact closely with the S-300 Lead Electronics Engineer, System Engineer, and Lead Diagnostics Engineer on technical concepts through project completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced skills and experience with leading multidisciplinary teams through hazardous operations. while maintaining a high degree of safety and data quality.
- Knowledge of electronic engineering theory design, fabrication, and/or assembly.
- Experience conducting and/or participating in engineering design reviews, participating in electronic systems operations and design, analyzing results, writing reports, writing and following detailed procedures, and/or making presentations.
- Experience developing conceptual designs of electronic systems; designing, implementing, and/or testing prototypes; and advanced knowledge of the associated tools and diagnostics.
- Experience with project planning, budgeting, or resource planning.
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience working both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a schedule-driven environment. Effective technical written and verbal communications skills with ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with electronic diagnostic equipment, initiation systems for high-explosives, and/or working with and around high-voltage and high-current equipment.
- Experience working with classified materials, documentation, and/or experimental data, and working within a Quality Assurance-driven program.
- Experience with timing and firing systems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now