Refine Search Clear All
Offsite Assignment Senior Administrative Specialist - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Administrative | livermore, CA | 03/04/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Not applicable
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Senior Administrative Specialist. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities in support of the Offsite Fellows Program/ODC Staff. This position is in the Office of Defense Coordination program within the Director’s Office.
In this role you will
- Assist in preparing new Offsite Assignment packages and extensions to existing assignments.
- Communicate assignment allowance options, limitations, and procedures per current federal and institutional policy.
- Represent management in daily matters, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf on administrative matters.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management's signature.
- Compile complex information from multiple sources for complex presentations and reports.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Perform a combination of complex and difficult administrative and/or task oriented duties in assignments and conflicting priorities, within standard policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex meetings.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Handle classified documentation and computer access as the Classified Administrative Specialist (CAS).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, professional command of grammar, proficient editing skills, and a high-level of attention to detail.
- Experience tracking large numbers of tasks/documents utilizing status spreadsheets.
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, with the ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and all levels of management.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Qualifications we desire
- Knowledge of LLNL and/or DOE policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Knowledge of NNSA Offsite Assignment Policy NAP-540.2 and Federal Travel Regulation (FTR).
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LEAP, LITE, EAM, LTRAIN, ePay, and Cliqbook.
- Experience handling classified documents or Classified Administrative Specialist work.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now