Refine Search Clear All
Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 03/04/2021
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 / TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Environmental Analyst (EA) within the Environment, Safety & Health (ES&H) Directorate to provide comprehensive environmental regulatory compliance support in one or more of the following areas: surface, ground and wastewater, air quality, hazardous and other regulated wastes, Natural Resources and National Environmental Policy Act/California Environmental Quality Act (NEPA/CEQA) regulatory compliance to LLNL programs as well as support to the Environmental Functional Area (EFA).
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide environmental support to LLNL programs, in collaboration with senior staff members.
- Provide technical support to ensure compliance with state and federal environmental regulations.
- Coordinate and participate in regulatory inspections, audits, and site verifications by internal and external agencies.
- Provide interpretation and guidance of complex environmental regulations
- Write and review detailed permit applications and technical regulatory reports
- Perform data analysis including statistical analysis of environmental data; maintain spreadsheets and databases.\
- Provide technical and regulatory support to other organizations within the ES&H Directorate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at theTSS.4 level
- Serve as a technical contact for environmental regulatory compliance and interpret complex environmental regulations and legislation, negotiate the best compliance solution with regulators, prepare detailed applications and permit related documents and serve as a resource and/or collaborate with LLNL programs.
- Analyze proposed federal, state, and local environmental regulations and DOE requirements on orders for legal and potential impacts to LLNL operations.
- Conduct complex environmental analyses and audits of operations and facilities to identify potential environmental issues and recommend solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical, Chemical, Biological or Environmental Sciences, or Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: air quality, water quality, aboveground and underground storage tanks, hazardous waste, natural resouces or NEPA/CEQA regulations, laws, and regulatory compliance.
- Advanced experience analyzing, interpreting and assessing compliance of complex environmental regulations and recommending solutions.
- Experience conducting audits and compliance inspections.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain and communicate complex technical information to all levels of personnel and management.
- Analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend and implement actions/solutions for complex problems.
- Effective organizational skills with detail orientation necessary to handle multiple complex tasks in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities, tight and changing deadlines, and frequent interruptions while providing high-level customer service, and good follow-through.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a broad cross-section of people including effective interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.4 level
- Significant experience in environmental compliance with advanced knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations; providing emergency response and remediation support; participating in the investigation of incidents or accidents involving environmental hazards; and conducting assessment and inspection activities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and to present and communicate complex technical information to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, including regulatory agencies and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend and implement actions/solutions for complex problems.
Qualifications We Desire
- Significant knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: hazardous waste, air quality, water quality, wastewater or NEPA/CEQA regulations, laws, and regulatory compliance
- Significant experience managing complex projects.
- Significant experience analyzing, interpreting and assessing compliance with complex environmental regulations and recommending and implementing solutions.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now