Refine Search Clear All
WCI Operations Program Administrator
Administrative | livermore, CA | 01/27/2021
Job Code: A01.4 Business Operations Spec 4
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Operations Program Administrator
In this role you will be a key member of the WCI Operations senior management team and perform as the business operations leader for various aspects of the Principal Directorate (PD)’s administrative business, initiating, recommending, and implementing internal administrative systems and procedures, and directing and overseeing all management aspects of the operations large administrative support personnel. This position is in the WCI Principal Directorate.
In this role you will
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day business operations for the WCI Operations area. Manage workforce and ensure compliance with requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Provide high-level facilitation and collaboration with senior WCI managers to achieve long-range programmatic goals, serving as a member of the senior management team and participating in all aspects of business and workforce planning, operational issues, and strategic planning activities in collaboration with Operations management.
- Oversee, direct, develop, implement and lead WCI Operations personnel functions, workforce planning, staff development, performance management, and diversity programs. Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to personnel in all classifications.
- Using expert knowledge of functional area and comprehensive knowledge of related areas assesses and develop courses of action related to business and/or organizational strategies, practices, initiatives, requirements, and deliverables.
- Manage budget and determine appropriate staffing levels to provide attainable administrative, operations and service support as needed. Responsible for the WCI awards and recognition program and non-reimbursable budgets.
- Partner with the Principal Associate Directorate Administrator for WCI on long-range personnel management, operations, administrative and strategic planning to establish and ensure Laboratory’s missions, goals and work activities are met.
- Manage a large administrative leadership team within the several programs (over 30 team members and 250 multi-disciplined personnel); oversee and advise on a broad range of functions, including staffing levels, recruiting and hiring, corrective actions, employee relations, and administration of the performance management, salary, ranking and compensation activities.
- Analyze and interpret HR requirements/guidance and determine and pursue courses of action to obtain results. Investigate and recommend appropriate courses of action to managers and supervisors on administrative and personnel matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of extensive experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Significant experience in administrative line management of personnel functions for a large, diverse organization, interpreting and applying a wide variety of personnel policies and procedures to complex situations with in-depth knowledge and understanding of recruiting, hiring, performance management, staff relations practices, and HR compliance requirements (e.g., FLSA, ADA, EEO).
- Extensive supervisory experience with leadership and teambuilding skills to effectively build, lead, and manage an effective business and operations support team.
- Significant analytical, research, and complex-problem-solving skills to independently and successfully resolve unique and highly complex problems. Extensive experience participating in strategic planning activities.
- Experience working on a variety of institutional or cross-organizational activities and projects.
- Significant experience managing budgets and staffing levels.
- Experience managing a diverse group of non-exempt and exempt staff and directing performance and salary management.
- Experience using LLNL administrative systems including: L-Hire, HR Personnel Database, LTRAIN, LITE, and other relevant administrative systems.
- Significant knowledge of and experience interpreting regulatory requirements, relevant state and federal laws, and standard policies and procedures.
- Significant experience, knowledge and understanding of HR principles, practices and processes.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to diplomatically explain, negotiate, persuade and lead staff and management through conflict resolution in order to obtain consensus on complex personnel and administrative actions.
Qualifications we desire
- Experience working in a classified environment and managing classified documents.
- Experience in developing complex Excel workbooks and in using Excel’s graphical and analytical tools.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral