Refine Search Clear All
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: C02.2 Accountant 2
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Accountant 2/Payroll Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Under general direction, you will be responsible for leading and performing system project requirements, analysis, maintenance and review of institutional accounting and financial information. In addition, testing and preparing written documentation and other related Payroll functions. This position is in the Payroll & Benefits Accounting Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Perform moderately complex analyses, reconciliations, and verifications on systems, financial reports and schedules.
- Research and resolve system requirements in PeopleSoft/LITE Systems to identify necessary changes, identify and trouble-shoot problems.
- Support audit activities related to LITE/Payroll processes and prepare data to respond to findings interfacing with internal and external auditors and the CFO Audit Liaison and LLNL management.
- Research and resolve issues reported in ServiceNow and take corrective action.
- Analyze and research system functionality, testing, reporting and data discrepancies to ensure integrity in financial reporting. Interface with technical staff to help implement and test developed/modified programs.
- Develop system test strategies and plans, perform system testing and create and execute automated test scripts in support of Payroll application maintenance tasks and projects. Participates in defining project scope, time and cost estimates, quality assurance and risk mitigation planning.
- Develop and implement training for timekeeping and payroll processes.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend process improvements and/or corrective actions needed for PeopleSoft/LITE system processes and upgrades. Responsible for ensuring desk procedures are current, and timely; identify and implement needed changes to written policy and desk procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or finance, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience interpreting and applying accounting theory, policies, procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle payroll systems for a large organization.
- Experience compiling and analyzing financial data and preparing comprehensive analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training concepts, plans and train others in area of expertise.
- Experience with computer-based spreadsheets and report-generation applications. (e.g., MS Office Suite).
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact with technical personnel to tactfully and effectively explain and present concepts, ideas, and information and to document systems and processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to anticipate, define, and resolve diverse problems requiring mature judgment, discretion, and tact, and an ability to negotiate desirable outcomes with various customers.
- Demonstrated flexibility, the ability to work independently, and the ability to effectively work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, meeting critical deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply Now Referral