Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist IV
Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in an intensive fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities in support of the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate’s Integrated Safety Teams.
In this role you will
- Represent management in administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and organizational policies and procedures.
- Act as a Document Coordinator/IWS Administrator for IWSs, PIWSs, Design Reviews, , ACS JAHAs, and other miscellaneous documents submitted for ES&H review. This effort includes: tracking document review to completion, assign appropriate reviewers, consolidate findings, manage resolutions, and obtaining final ES&H Team concurrence.
- Act as an administrative contact for: LLNL Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Tool (entering subcontractor information and approve individual subcontractor access accounts) and DAP/TAP database management (updating and maintaining facility andprogrammatic discipline action plans)
- Coordinate and support personnel activities including, but not limited to: job postings, interviews, hire packages, personnel transactions, clearances, visits, LITE timekeeping, emergency response, performance appraisals, travel/ ePay, etc.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management's signature. Compile complex information and develop presentations, charts, and reports.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, professional command of grammar, proficient editing skills, and a high-level of attention to detail.
- Experience tracking large numbers of tasks/documents utilizing status spreadsheets.
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, with the ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and all levels of management.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat. and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of Laboratory web-based systems such as Integrated Safety Worksheet (IWS) system, LLNL Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Tool, Information Management, and Oracle Content Server (UCM).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral