Refine Search Clear All
Office of Laboratory Infrastructure Space and Site Planning Requirements Manager
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Space and Site Planning Requirements Manager to support to evaluate facilities and site infrastructure against institutional mission needs, identify opportunities for effective and cost-efficient physical improvements benefiting the Institution, and then develop conceptual project and area plans for internal and external funding consideration. You will also oversee the planning and execution of a small portfolio of site and facility development projects in the role of owner/manager on behalf of the Office of Laboratory Infrastructure (OLI) organization. In addition, you would help create Area Plans, the primary mechanism for planning development at LLNL, by working directly with the Directorates and their SMEs to define their needs and propose new construction and infrastructure projects. This position is in the Office of Laboratory Infrastructure (OLI) within the Director's Office. This position will report to the Space and Site Planning Group Leader.
In this role you will
- Work directly with Facility and Operations staff to identify current institutional and site issues and requirements to propose improvements and solutions.
- Create pre-decisional presentations to provide a basis for prioritization and funding decisions for future projects.
- Aid in the creation of the Area Plans by gathering pertinent requirements data, developing map graphics, and completing templates.
- Use predictive analytics to analyze building and utility electrical, mechanical, civil, and structural system performance and condition gaps.
- Package and formulate compelling facility and infrastructure projects for submission to direct and indirect funding sources.
- Oversee small site and facility development projects from concept to execution.
- Assist in writing Findings and Determinations which set requirements for land use and project requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience in building management, facilities maintenance, or utility operations.
- Significant experience with the use of analysis tools such as life-cycle models, informatics, and/or Excel, statistical and analytical tools to evaluate future outcomes.
- Excellent organizational problem-solving and decision-making that requires in-depth analysis and frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Proven ability to think strategically to develop longer range plans and to establish strategic and operational goals.
- Experience overseeing projects that require coordination with a variety of institutional organizations.
- Effective technical and organizational skills necessary for providing deliverables on schedule.
- Proficient communication skills necessary to build cooperative teams and interact with customers and stakeholders.
- Effective written communication skills necessary to effectively present and explain technical or operational information and provide advice to management, reviewers, or sponsors.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral