Refine Search Clear All
Operations Administrative Specialist
Administrative | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Operations Administrative Specialist who will be an essential part of our Operations team. You will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities that require independent judgment, initiative and follow through. This position will be in the Engineering Associate Directorate Office (ADO).
In this role you will
- Serve as a member of the Engineering AD Operations team representing management in daily matters taking the initiative to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex meetings.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature that may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with LLNL’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LEAP, LITE, EAM, LTRAIN, ePay, and Cliqbook.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply Now Referral