Refine Search Clear All
IBM DOORS Administrator
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 01/27/2021
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate
Position Type: Flexible Term or Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an IBM DOORS Administrator to independently and with a Requirements Lead provide advanced computing support across the wide range of activities associated with formal requirements management and to support the use and configuration of models-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools. You will be responsible for constructing traceability schema for requirement decomposition and verification as well as the configuration management and baselining of requirements in support of LLNL’s Stockpile Stewardship mission, specifically the Life Extension Programs (LEPs). This position is within the Applications, Quality and Simulations (ASQ) Division of the Computing Directorate and matrixed to the Systems Engineering and Integration Group within the Defense Technologies and Engineering Division.
In this role you will
- Be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) and the GENESYS software, a tool for performing Models-based Systems Engineering (MBSE), under the guidance of the requirements lead for both W80-4 and W87-1.
- Manage and maintain database content residing in DB2, an IBM proprietary database.
- Develop/document requirements engineering processes/procedures and guidelines for change control for requirements, configuration management, data modeling, information architecture/model analysis as it pertains to DOORS and GENESYS implementation.
- Assist in the strategic planning and in the identification of process improvement to increase efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in work output.
- Be responsible for the development and advanced support to maintain all software-related documentation to include work instructions for users as well as system and database design details.
- Coordinate with the WCI Applications Team to perform software updates as well establish integrations with other related software tools.
- Extract metrics and generate reports from both DOORS and GENESYS as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering practices, processes, and tasks.
- Significant experience working with a requirements management system or MBSE software.
- Broad and in-depth working knowledge of requirements management and analysis, which may include performing functional and system analysis, implementing allocation practices, performing verification/validation tracing, or other similar functions.
- Experience with database design/architecture and management.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop effective solutions.
- Significant experience performing process analysis to recommend and execute process improvements.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate, negotiate and influence all levels of personnel.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team. environment and document, present and explain technical information.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with DXL scripting,
- Experience with IBM Rationale DOORS (both legacy and Next Generation).
- Experience with GENESYS (MBSE tool).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral