Refine Search Clear All
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Business Analyst who will routinely coordinate the administrative and technical integration of documents and records required to meet QA activities associated with weapon design and production responsibilities assigned to LLNL, by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). You will function as a member of a self-directed work team, responsible for administrative controls in the CM-RM of QA information, ensuring accuracy and completeness of workflow with executing processes to format, track, synchronize and release information within the Enterprise Document Management Systems (EDMS). This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), supporting the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
In this role you will
- Contribute to daily activities, integrating Defense Program Business Process System (DPBPS) requirements affecting the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) into WTE, Weapon Quality Management System (WQMS) documentation.
- Serve as primary resource for CM-RM documentation, records, cataloging, and labeling for the acquisition, accountability, inventory, and distribution of documentation to sustain audit compliance. Ensure accuracy and format compliance of QA documents managed within EDMS workflow release.
- Coordinate the migration of QA documentation from multiple information systems into a single source enterprise information management system.
- Participate in defining current process flows, conduct comprehensive assessments for key operational processes, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Support timely task-load leveling during high demands with conflicting and changing priorities.
- Independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals and follow-through on requests.
- Interact with all levels of internal management, Livermore Field Office (LFO), and external auditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology area or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of project management and experience applying related practices, standards, and processes and techniques related to CM-RM principles.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting data for documenting functional needs and constraints.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a technical support environment using computer systems to manage complex data collections.
- Experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Advanced organizational skills, customer support, task prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to communicate clear expectations on project and process activities, as well as lead the facilitation of business process improvements.
- Advanced skills using MS Office business applications, such as word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, Adobe Acrobat, and Win-ZIP.
- Experience preparing, formatting, and controlling documents through Configuration Management review and release cycles, implementing document tracking and review programs supporting customer satisfaction and self-assessment metrics to monitor, and manage organizational performance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Unclassified Controlled Information (UCI) document marking and handling.
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the Weapons Program.
- Knowledge of Institutional/Programmatic QA policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with LLNL Enterprise Lifecycle Management System(s) (ELM-U/ELM-C).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral