Refine Search Clear All
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Manager. You will oversee the implementation of the BIM execution strategy and provide strategic direction, leadership, and support in the use of BIM on projects. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
In this role you will
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the BIM execution strategy within PMO; provide direction and leadership on the use of BIM on projects and the strategy and approach for implementation at various phases of individual projects.
- Provide BIM support to the various disciplines involved on the project and ensure consistent use of BIM across projects; edit, create, and maintain BIM content including Revit templates, families, detail components and detail library.
- Apply innovative technical expertise to design and create highly complex construction documentation and drawings using AutoCAD and Revit; provide technical advice to keep CAD and Revit users up to date on new productivity techniques, provide mentorship, and recommend training.
- Assist in the development of Revit content for specific trades.
- Ensure model stability and performance through the various phases; oversee modeling standards compliance with internal and external teams.
- Assist in project setup including the proper implementation of coordinates, linked information, and standards related framework including template and content use, graphic settings, etc.
- QA/QC project BIM deliverables at
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture/Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Significant experience providing technical direction and mentoring others.
- Expert knowledge of integrated architectural and engineering practices.
- Significant experience and highly advanced knowledge of CAD and associated software.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of and significant experience in Revit and Autodesk BIM 360.
- Significant experience assisting in preparing construction documents in multiple engineering disciplines including architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical.
- Experience making independent technical decisions that may have significant consequences to broad segments and/or sections of a major project.
- Expert written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to tactfully and effectively establish and maintain highly productive working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, scientific, and administrative personnel, and the ability to facilitate small groups.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of engineering discipline-specific software packages.
- Autodesk Revit Certified Professional.
- Experience with Navisworks and Civil 3D.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral