Refine Search Clear All
Scorpius Engineering Supervisor/Technical Coordinator - ASD
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: 390.1 Supervisor / 390.2 Senior Supervisor
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Supervisor/Technical Contributor of the Advanced Sources and Detectors (ASD) Scorpius Project. You will be an engineering administrative supervisor and may have up to 80% technical responsibilities in support of this major program. You will be responsible for supervisory duties involving employees matrixed to the Scorpius project. As a technical coordinator, you will analyze and determine best practices for sourcing and fabricating mechanical and electrical equipment. You will act as the liaison between employees and the ASD Scorpius management team including regular interaction with the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) Superintendent, Division Leader, Section Leaders, and other Engineering Supervisors as well program managers and/or technical contacts, project engineers, and scientists. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED), within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide direct administrative supervision for approximately eight coordinators participating in hiring activities, ranking, re-classes, performance evaluation, peer grouping, and salary management process.
- Monitor performance required to meet programmatic milestones and deliverables and lead corrective actions where necessary.
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and discretion in pursuit of division and program technical and administrative mission.
- Provide advanced technical coordination and/or oversight for multiple complex projects, procurements, and/or facility operations.
- Analyze and determine most efficient, expeditious, and cost-effective methods to source and/or fabricate complex technical equipment, components, and/or assemblies of both mechanical and/or electrical design.
- Provide input and estimates for budgets, schedules, and workforce needs, present information to engineering/scientific teams, vendors, and program management.
- Lead integration meetings to develop, prepare, present, and participate in required design reviews, reports, procedures, and other communications in support of technical and administrative assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional job responsibilities, at the 390.2 level
- Provide highly advanced technical and/or technical management support in engineering technology or applied sciences.
- Conduct research to find solutions to highly complex engineering problems, develop and refine technical systems, operations, or maintenance strategies.
- Design data analysis, documentation, and modification of highly complex prototype or specialized electronic, mechanical, or software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced skills, knowledge, and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, to coordinate complex electronic, mechanical, and/or electro-optic systems, and solutions to problems.
- Significant experience providing technical leadership through the effective utilization of people and available resources with significant experience in project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Significant experience working in a multidisciplinary project environment with simultaneous commitments to performance, cost, and schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, feedback, and presentation skills necessary to represent the Division and Program at meetings, briefings, and committee activities both internal and external to the Laboratory and interact with people at all levels.
- Advanced leadership skills and experience mentoring others with on-the-job training, with advanced technical skills specific to assignment.
- Advanced interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Additional qualifications at the 390.2 level
- Extensive experience mentoring others in specific on-the-job training, with highly advanced technical skills specific to assignment, including administrative and technical leadership skills.
- Highly advanced skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, including mechanical and electronics technology theory necessary to design complex systems and solutions to highly complex problems.
- Highly advanced written and verbal communication, feedback, and presentation skills in multiple technical areas.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing, procurement, and organizational procedures.
- Knowledge of ISO 10110 and ASME Y14.5M.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral