Refine Search Clear All
Product Realization Engineer
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: TSS.1 Technical Services & Ops MTS 1 / TSS.2 Technical Services & Ops MTS 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Product Realization Engineers. Along with the Product Realization Team (PRT) technical lead, PRT coordinators, and other engineers, you will be responsible for the programmatic deliverables of multiple PRTs in support of the Life Extension Programs (LEPs) or enduring systems. PRT responsibilities may include design and production of qualified hardware in support of these programs, or development and qualification of related equipment and/or processes (e.g. surveillance). These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Manage, update, and release PRT documentation including Project Plans, Qualification Plans, Compatibility Definitions, and Interface Definitions for multiple PRTs.
- Contribute to the effort of developing evidence packages for technical design and programmatic phase gate reviews with NNSA and the Production Agencies (PAs).
- Execute, maintain, and track PRT schedules, milestones, and action items. Regularly communicate project progress and status to management. Support realization of PRT processes at PAs as rquired: requirements, capability development, engineering evaluation, and qualification.
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOW) and coordinate purchase orders with PAs and work with PAs to ensure work is executed.
- Review drawings for technical content and design intent and prepare and release engineering specifications and drawings.
- Conduct engineering testing and data analysis and ensure that data is appropriately documented and archived.
- Participate in formal and informal design reviews.
- Support multi-site PRT meetings and approval of PRT meeting minutes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.2 level
- Collaborate with PRT leads and technical team in support of monthly earned value reporting requirements and prepare detailed planning for each fiscal year.
- Develop surveillance plans for components in development and work with PA to standup required capabilities.
- Manage and coordinate execution of engineering testing and data analysis and prepare technical reports, documentation, and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with requirements development and engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of engineering testing process and ability to conduct data analyses.
- Ability to take initiative to develop innovative solutions for successful project execution.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively interact and collaborate with the LLNL weapons program, nuclear security enterprise sites, and federal management staff.
- Ability to travel.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.2 level
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware design, fabrication, installation, and commission.
- Experience with managing projects and ability to organize and conduct design and project reviews.
- Experience managing (organize, direct, and monitor schedule and budgets) multiple projects concurrently and to reprioritize and change programmatic direction depending on emergent requests.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Technical Business Practice and NAP-24.
- Experience with Engineering Authorization systems for official release of PRT documentation.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral