Refine Search Clear All
Plumber/Pipefitter Craft Supervisor
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: 565.5 Craft Supervisor
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Plumber/Pipefitter Craft Supervisor. You will have technical, administrative, and supervisory responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of Plumbers/Pipefitters in the Laboratory’s Site 200 Maintenance Production Mechanical Systems group. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
In this role you will
- Supervise and coordinate the daily work of the journey-level plumber/pipefitter crews engaged in the installation, repair, fabrication, operation and maintenance of plant facilities and utilities.
- Interpret and apply Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) policies and procedures pertaining to Performance Management including but not limited to; constructive and timely feedback to employees, training and personnel actions including hiring, discipline, dismissal, salary adjustments, documentation and interviews.
- Serve as a point of contact between the management team and workers, participate fully in management team decision-making and goal setting.
- Establish goals and measurements for productivity in craft work processes and make appropriate adjustments.
- Implement work control process by serving as a Responsible Individual RI/Work Supervisor responsible for day to day work activities of assigned personnel ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with the Work Permit, Skill of the Craft and Competent Worker Qualifications.
- Be responsible for the general oversight and personal commitment to the goals of Integrated Safety Management, Integrated Safeguards and Security Management, compliance with all ES&H regulations, good business practices, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Perform essential computer skills to communicate with administrative and management personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive journey-level knowledge, abilities and work experience in the plumber/pipefitter trade.
- Technical, administrative and supervisory skills with experience in independent decision making, problem solving, workload scheduling, and workforce utilization.
- Ability to interpret and implement personnel policies and procedures, disciplinary actions, and complete write performance appraisals.
- Ability to provide effective direction and adjust work activities to meet changing requirements as well as motivate, train, develop and provide guidance with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the application of ES&H laws and regulations including evaluating work hazards and establishing safety standards to assure the public, worker, and environment are protected from adverse consequences.
- Effective customer service and communication skills necessary to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical and administrative personnel.
- Proficiency using personal computers and related software programs and applications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral