Refine Search Clear All
Global Security Systems Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Global Security Systems Analyst
We are seeking highly qualified scientists and engineers to join our interdisciplinary team of systems analysts supporting programs across the Global Security Principal Directorate, such as Chemical/Biological/Explosives Security, Nuclear Threat Reduction, Intelligence Programs and Energy/Infrastructure/Cyber Security. You will apply a combination of technical depth and breadth, critical thinking, modeling and simulation, and analysis to understand multi-domain problem areas and provide decision insight, communicate options and trade-offs, and facilitates the integration of new technology in support of customer missions. This position is programmatically in the Global Security Systems Analysis Group and administratively will report to the payroll supervisor of the hiring organization.
In this role you will
- Provide solutions requiring advanced analysis and creative use of innovation methods to problems of intermediate complexity by collaborating with scientists and researchers across a variety of technical disciplines.
- Create analytical frameworks and evaluate competing characteristics to determine solutions that most effectively meet customer and stakeholder objectives.
- Provide decision insight to stakeholders in moderately complex problem areas.
- Develop, evaluate, and apply physical and computational simulation to gain insight into complex systems.
- Partner with other LLNL scientists and engineers to bring research results to practical use in LLNL Global Security programs.
- Communicate technical concepts of intermediate complexity to stakeholders in a concise effective way.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.3 Level
- Manage multiple parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead various complex projects and leverage team members’ skills to complete complex project tasks. Mentor other staff and assist in recruiting efforts.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact with sponsors and stakeholders. Participate in development of new program business.
- MS in Engineering, physical, computer sciences, related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive record of technical achievement.
- Ability to approach hard problems with enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility to change focus when necessary.
- Comprehensive analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Proficient verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment and communicate technical information, document work, and prepare and present successful proposals and high-quality research papers.
- Ability to travel off-site, including potentially internationally, for sponsor and customer interaction.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Significant experience leading systems analysis projects.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working independently to effectively manage advanced concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities and implement advanced research concepts in a multi-disciplinary team environment, where commitments and deadlines are important to project success.
Qualifications we desire
- PhD in Engineering or the physical, or computer sciences.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: cyber security, modeling and simulation, risk analysis, data analytics, chemical and biological security, explosives, intelligence analysis, radiological and nuclear security, energy systems, and infrastructure protection.
- Expert knowledge and substantial experience as a project manager or principal investigator of projects with competing priorities, loosely defined deliverables, and high visibility, with significant experience working with the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, Intelligence Community or other relevant government sponsors.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral