Refine Search Clear All
Software Engineer - BUILDER
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/23/2022
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Software Engineer to support a National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) infrastructure initiative that will provide an enterprise-level, risk-informed, decision-making tool to evaluate and predict infrastructure conditions, provide functionality assessments, analyze spending scenarios, prioritize needs to meet NNSA and site missions, and inform decision makers and stakeholders. This position is in the Applications, Simulations and Quality Division within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to the Weapons and Complex Integration Principal Directorate.
In this role you will
- Design and implement highly complex, advanced software integration applications and database tools.
- Analyze infrastructure equipment maintenance, repair and replacement costs, work recommendations, equipment condition trends, functionality assessments and create and compare risk measurement tools.
- Verify, validate and compare results with internal LLNL infrastructure management tools and recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal enterprise modeling analysts and facility infrastructure management team members to perform in-depth analysis to develop innovative solutions.
- Travel off-site for sponsor and customer interaction as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and extensive experience.
- Experience in scientific computing with relevant previous experience in one or more of the following areas: Graphical user interface design, Java Play, Angular JS, IntelliJ, Java Developer
- Significant experience with Database development, Oracle, Toad, MySQL, or SQL Server.
- Significant experience developing object-oriented, data driven applications in a Windows environment.
- Significant experience with information systems integration and data analysis, software development methodologies, information system development, web deployment technologies, databases and mapping associated data. Demonstrated ability to motivate and collaborate with other personnel in achieving project objectives; demonstrated ability to partner with outside organizations.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, author technical reports and papers, deliver technical presentations, and provide advice to management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git) and test repositories, JIRA or another commercial defect tracking system, and with application development using object oriented methods.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now