Refine Search Clear All
Lawrence Fellowship PostDoctoral Researcher
Postdoctoral/Fellowship | livermore, CA | 07/30/2021
Job Code: PDS.4 Lawrence Fellow Post Doc
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
The Lawrence Fellowship is a highly competitive postdoctoral position at LLNL that is open to all technical disciplines. Fellows are free to pursue their own independent research agenda with subject matter experts who provide guidance and mentorship. Fellowships are awarded to candidates with exceptional talent, scientific track records, and potential for significant achievements. Details of the fellowship may be found at http://fellowship.llnl.gov
Applicants need to submit CV, research impact statement of 3-4 sentences, research proposal of no more than 6 pages, three references for letters of recommendation, and transcripts. Once you submit your application, you can go back and make updates. All application updates and attachments should be submitted by October 1, 2021.
In this role you will
- Conduct research and/or development outlined in your research proposal in one or more of the following areas: Atmospheric Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoscience, Energy, Lasers, Material Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Pursue independent research interests with exceptional scientists both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Review research progress with the Laboratory’s Directed Research and Development Program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in a relevant scientific field.
- Demonstrated creativity, exceptional ability, and proven accomplishments in applicant's area of specialization through peer-review publication and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a research project that is impactful to national security or society.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication to their technical peers and to a broad interdisciplinary audience.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.